Kennedy Energy, a petroleum products wholesaler for Petro-Canada, serving customers and locations throughout Manitoba, is currently seeking a highly dedicated and experienced individual to join the team at the Winnipeg head office of our associated company, Janico Investments Ltd, as Accounting Manager.
Working as a key member of our team, you will be a well-organized individual who thrives on challenge and problem-solving, has a keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills. You will perform the following full cycle accounting and related administrative duties:
General Accounting Duties:
• Account for general ledger transactions, complete complex revenue and expense reconciliations and maintain all supporting documentation and backups.
• Ensure all general ledger accounts are properly analyzed and recorded, all journal entries posted, and any account discrepancies promptly identified and resolved in a batch-based processing environment.
• Conduct monthly tax filings and remittances such as PST and GST.
• Reconcile bank accounts, maintain capital asset, pre-paid expense, and other schedules as required.
• Coordinate the monthly and year-end close schedule and perform timely GL close processes and procedures.
• Produce financial reports and provide other financial reporting to management and external agencies as required.
• Monitor accounts receivables and promptly address issues related to overdue accounts, bad debts, billing, payments, and/or credit.
• Administer new customer account applications and approval processes.
• Administer online payment processes and post payments to customer accounts.
• Maintain complete and up to date customer account files and records.
• Enforce company credit policy, perform collection calls, issue payment reminders, and recommend collection strategies and options to management.
• Respond to customer and management account inquiries in timely manner.
• Assist with implementation of administrative or accounting practices to support internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with record keeping and record retention policies and requirements.
• Act as back-up for other administrative and accounting functions as required.
• Maintain security and confidentiality of all company information at all times.
• Support management and undertake special projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years of full cycle accounting experience.
• Completion of an accounting degree/diploma/certificate with thorough understanding of accounting principles. Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Experience with major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be highly motivated with a strong customer service and team focus.
• Must be able to act and operate independently with minimal daily supervision, take initiative and demonstrate leadership when required.
• Must be well-organized, able to multi-task and be flexible to take on new tasks.
• Detail-oriented and analytical with proven ability to apply accounting solutions to business challenges.
• Prior experience in a multi-company and mid-sized company environment advantageous.
• Background or interest in the petroleum products or transportation industry an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation dependent on qualifications.
Please send by e-mail cover letter and resume. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.